College Journey Consulting offers a complete array of services to provide expert, personalized guidance every step of the way during the college search and application process. (Prices good thru Sept. 1, 2017)
Comprehensive College Admissions Package $3,400
Incudes all services in the college planning and application sessions listed below. Monthly or quarterly payment plans available.
- Professional Student Assessment: Evaluation of the student’s academic transcripts, standardized test scores, and extracurricular activities to determine admission probabilities. Interviews with student and parents will be used to determine needs and goals. Recommendations will be made to enhance student profile.
- Career Exploration Package with YouScience® Aptitude and Interest Inventory and Do What You Are Personality Assessment. Includes follow-up sessions to explore results and research potential majors and careers.
- Guidance with high school course selection, extracurricular and summer activities.
- Admissions Testing: Timeline and advice on which tests (SAT or ACT) to take and test prep options.
- Discussion of postsecondary options including gap years, community college, technical schools, etc. as well as traditional 4-year institutions. Student will learn about liberal arts colleges, research universities, specialty colleges and more.
- Personal CustomCollegePlan student portal: Online and accessible 24-hours a day throughout the process to assist the student with organization and structure. Includes college lists with profiles and research links, personal calendar with testing dates, student test scores and academic information, to-do lists and more.
- College Notebook with Resources
- The College List: Personalized list highlighting best-fit colleges. This list is dynamic and can change as the student researches and tours colleges. Consultant will continue to work with the student to guide research and finalize the list. Goal is to develop a balanced list of best-fit colleges considering academic, social and financial needs.
- College Affordability: Guidance on affordability of colleges based on the family’s EFC and the likely net cost and potential merit or need-based awards.
- Help with researching colleges including campus visit and college fair tips, exploring resources and narrowing the list.
- The Application: Complete assistance with up to ten (10) college applications and supplements including guidance on when to apply (Early Action, Early Decision, Regular Decision, etc.) and timeline of process. Applications include Apply Texas, Common Application, Universal Application or any institutional or other applications.
- Assistance with the development of High School Activity Résumé.
- ESSAYS: A well-written, authentic essay can differentiate between applicants with similar credentials and is essential to a quality application. We will spend considerable time brainstorming and revising the Personal Statement to find the student’s best story. Includes both long and short answer essays as well as any and all supplements as required by individual institutions.
- Advice on asking for recommendations from teachers and counselors and assistance preparing a recommendation request packet.
- Interview preparation if applicable.
- Financial Aid: Answer questions about the federal or institutional financial aid application and process. Review of financial aid award letters and tips on negotiating offers.
- Scholarships: Assistance researching and applying to all scholarships offered by colleges. Assistance with up to 5 private scholarship applications.
- Assistance with making the final decision.
- Transition to College guidelines and planning to make the most of the college years.
- Unlimited email or phone calls to answer any questions that may come up along the way.
College Premier Application Package (Senior Year) $2,400
For students who already have an initial college list and would like help with the application process. Many colleges use a holistic review of applications and understanding how to APPLY WELL is central to this process. NOTE: Consultant must approve list to ensure that it is balanced with reach, target and safety school PRIOR to accepting client.
Early High School (Freshmen and/or Sophomores) $400
For students who would like assistance planning courses and activities that will enhance their experiences in high school as they begin to think about college options. Package includes up to 3 sessions to cover topics such as high school course selection, extracurricular activities, summer planning, etc. as well as unlimited availability to answer questions via email or phone.
Career and Majors Exploration Package $350
- YouScience® Aptitude and Interest Inventories with online and written reports.
- Two sessions to explore results of these assessments and research potential majors and careers. Student will also learn how to research colleges, understand degree plans for specific majors and develop some goals for long-term planning.
Customized Service Blocks
Purchase a 5-hour block of time to be used for any college service that you need (except developing the college list). Possibilities include: Researching colleges, mock interviews, activities resume editing, application review, academic/testing advice, reviewing financial aid offers, timeline and organization plan, assistance filling out the application, etc. It is up to the student and family to set the goals for these sessions.
Registration Fee: $95
5-hour Block: $650
Additional Sessions: $150